To kick off the month of August, here are some nice things I’ve been LOVING lately…
- Hipster gnomes to decorate a terrarium or pot plant with. I mean, really. Could it get any more awesome-sauce? Well, yes, because there are also adorable woodland animals.
- frankie magazine has a great step-by-step guide to eco-dying fabric. Think of all the good things you could make using leaves and flowers from your own garden!
- Something from frankie’s brother magazine – Smith Journal. Not so long ago, before the introduction of the Internet, people used to take their queries to their local librarian. The librarians would write down some of the more interesting, and also hard to answer, questions. You can have a peek at a select few here. My favourite is the duck one.
- Ah, Ballarat. Is it crazy that I want to move there after reading this one interview? Seriously, though, ideas like this make so much sense.
- While I’m wishing for things, can Daniel Radcliffe move to Ballarat with me?? (Just kidding, Mr. birdandfox…)
- The idea of living more frugally has been bouncing around my head lately and this post by 1MillionWomen has some very handy tips! Most of them are common-sense but I’m personally struggling with a few of the points. Making changes, even small ones, can be hard but I feel these are important ones to at least have a crack at.
- Michelle from Hugo & Elsa talks about how she’s grown to love Melbourne over time and shares some beautiful photos of The White Room, a one bedroom/studio space available for rent in Fitzroy North.
- This sweet tune that reminds me of those slow, hazy, happy days. Brought to my attention by Laura from Happy Pantry – thanks pal!
How are you all going? I hope July treated you well and that the month of August has lots of exciting things in store for you.